A catalog is the highest level unit of organization in Microsoft Index Server. Each catalog is an entirely self-contained unit, containing an index and cached properties for one or more scopes (virtual server). Index Server queries cannot span multiple catalogs.
The collection of all documents stored on an IIS site for indexing is called a corpus. The corpus stored in one or more physical storage locations on the local machine and another connected file server that defined as either virtual servers or virtual directories. The administrator configures the scope of the corpus by specifying which directories will be indexed.
Improved speed performance achieved by having Index Server data on a different drive than the drive that contains the corpus.
This topic lists the minimum hardware and software required to run Index Server.
- You install Index Server when you install Microsoft Internet Information Server version (US) on Microsoft Windows NT Server version.
- On Windows NT Server, the minimum hardware required for Index Server is the same as that for IIS.
- Index Server program files need anywhere from 3 to 12 MB of disk space, depending on the number of languages installed. Index Server can index documents in several different languages.
- Disk space needed for storing Index Server data depends upon the size of the corpus (all files to be searched) and type of documents. The free disk space must be roughly 40 percent of the size of the corpus.
- For security reasons, it is recommended that Index Server data stored on an NTFS file system drive.
- The optimum configuration depends upon the size of the corpus, number of documents, and the search load on the server. More memory and faster processors make indexing and querying faster.
A 486/DX4-100 computer with 32 MB of RAM, running Windows NT Server 4.0, services queries well if the number of simultaneous queries is not too high. For a small organization, this may be sufficient; but for a larger group serving more users, higher performance hardware recommended.
|Companies||Price||Server Location||Price||Visit Now|
Cloud SSD Hosting
|$1.43 /mo.||WILMINGTON, DE, US||Price @ $1.43 /mo.||Visit Now|
|$2.99 /mo.||LASALLE, CA||Price @ $2.99 /mo.||Visit Now|
|$2.75/mo.||Burlington, MA, US||Price : $2.75/mo.||Visit Now|
Lifetime Free Domain
|$3.95/mo.||Panama, PA||Start @ $3.95/mo.||Visit Now|
|$1.99/mo.||Arlington Heights, IL, US||Start @ $1.99/mo.||Visit Now|
|$4.95/mo||AUBURN, MA, US||Start @ $4.95/mo||Visit Now|
|$3.25/mo.||Burlington, MA, US||Start @ $3.25/mo.||Visit Now|
|$3.95/mo||Columbus, OH, US||Start @ $3.95/mo||Visit Now|
|$4.95/mo||NASHUA, NH, US||Start @ $4.95/mo||Visit Now|
Managed WordPress Hosting
|$89.00/mo.||Lansing, MI, US||Price : $19.00/mo.||Visit Now|