What does it take to set up an extensive website?
To create a website, you only need to do these two things:
- Sign up for website hosting, and choose a domain name (i.e.cpwebhosting.com).
- Create your website.
A domain name is the Internet address of a website or blog. (For example, cpwebhosting.com is the domain name of this site.) You’ll need to choose a domain name. Your domain name should be simple, obvious, and as short as possible.
It’s more important to make your domain name memorable and speakable than it is to make it accurate. Don’t stuff your whole business name into your domain name. Don’t use numbers or dashes (without perfect reason).
There are different packages that a web hosting company offers to its clients and the clients have to choose according to the website’s traffic and what all kind of users are going to visit your site.
If you’re an Internet marketer, you know the value of choosing the right web host for your site. Your overall success will be affected if you choose the wrong one.
Your business depends on how well your site operates you must be cynical in selecting your web hosting service. In this article, you will learn three tips that will help you choose a web host service that can be beneficial to you in the long run.
In this article, you will learn three tips that will help you choose a web host service that can be useful to you over the long term.
The important points to remember while choosing the best website hosting is:
- Uptime: You must choose the host with uptime nearly up to 100%.
- Support: It is a very crucial part of the web hosting company. Because if you get stuck in any problem, then the customer support of the hosting company will help you out of the problem.
- Reliability: For sure your business will grow gradually and may be shortly you need to upgrade your plan or need to transfer, so make sure before buying that you can easily upgrade your hosting plan or you can quickly move to new place. Also, keep in mind the price of next plan you may need in future.
- Price: One of the most important part, many hosting companies gives you cheap rate, but then you will surely need to compromise in services then, so don’t go with that, choose the one those who offer quality over quantity. You can use many online tools to compare prices and find the best plan for you and make sure you are getting best price and service.
- Hosting features: Make sure that hosting company is offering all latest tools like Cpanel, Softaculous, etc.
Does your hosting company hold your hand while uploading your website?
Once you have a hosting provider, you still need to move your files from your local hard drive to the hosting computer. Many hosting companies provide an online data management tool that you can use to upload your records. But if they don’t, you can also use FTP to transfer your records. Talk to your hosting provider if you have specific questions about how to get your files to their server.
Linuxhost.net guides you step by step in uploading your site. We provide you steps on how to make your site available online.
Some steps that will guide you to upload the website:
- Decide where you are going to put your pages.
- Find out the details of your account: your username, your password, the “hostname” (the machine where you’ll upload your files), and your URL or Web address
- Connect to the Internet
- Open up an FTP program (like Fetch – Mac or WS-FTP – PC)
- Put in the hostname of your Web site
- Put in your username
- Put in your password
- Connect to the site
- Highlight the files you would like on your Web site
- Click on the option to transfer them to your Web site.
How to project your traffic?
When you create a website, whatever your goal is, the primary purpose of a website is to be seen by large masses online. The term website traffic refers to the sum of all the visitors to your site. Of course, you want to know how many visitors you have. To be able to do that you need to know how to check your website traffic.
Steps of monitoring the web traffic:
- Install a hit counter: A hit counter is a code that you put on your web page, which counts how many times the page being viewed.
- Use Google Analytics: Google provides this tool if you have a Google account of course, which not only tells you how many times your site has been viewed but also gives you all kind of information about your site visitors, their locations, loyalty, etc.
- Check Alexa: Alexa also tells you about your site traffic and it gives you all kind of valuable data about your site.
- A lot of other online services offer to count your website’s visitors if you create an account with them.
What feature is available for backup and recovery, security and so forth?
The answer to the above question is Cpanel which is provided by the hosting companies to their user’s so that they can easily use it for backup, recovery and security features of the website.
- cPanel is a Unix based web hosting control panel that provides a graphical interface and automation tools designed to simplify the process of hosting a website.
- cPanel utilizes a 3 tier structure that provides functionality for administrators, resellers, and end-user website owners to control the various aspects of website and server administration through a standard web browser.
- In addition to the GUI interface, cpanel also has command line and API based access that allows third party software vendors, web hosting organizations, and developers to automate standard system administration processes.
- To the client, Cpanel provides front-ends for some standard operations, including the management of PGP keys, crontab tasks, mail and FTP accounts, and mailing lists.
Some of the commonly available modules in most control panels:
- Access to server logs.
- Details of available and used web space and bandwidth.
- Email account configuration.
- Maintaining FTP users’ accounts.
- Managing database.
- Visitor statistics using web log analysis software.
- Web-based file manager.
Does your web hosting company have enough potential?
Does your hosting company hold your hand while uploading your website?
Handle potential disasters inherent in web hosting?
Linuxhost.net has enough potential to protect your website from the disasters.
Record your pertinent site information: Be sure that you know your login and password information. It may include some or all of the following:
- Login information for email accounts and any additional information such as email groups and email aliases
- Content management system login
- Hosting control panel login
- Domain registrar web address and login
FTP login information: You should also have the customer support phone numbers, email and other contact information for your website hosting provider.
- Perform and save regular backups of your site: Most hosting companies and application service providers back up their server data regularly. However, you should maintain your backups in case there is an emergency, or you need to move to another provider quickly.Many hosting companies offer the ability for you to back up your website through your hosting control panel, such as Plesk. It is also a good idea to keep copies of all of your files (i.e., images, videos, etc.) as well as the text of your website in an easily accessible location should a need for them arise.
- Determine an implementation plan for recovering your site: Understanding what you will need to do in case of an emergency will help ensure a smoother recovery. Be sure to keep your backup data and login information accessible, and determine who will be in charge of restoring the backups or uploading the files to your new website.
- Keep an extra copy of your website data in a safe place
Make sure that you have an extra copy stored off-site in case your main office is inaccessible. It might be in a safe-deposit box at a local bank, or for some small organizations, and it may be at a trusted employee’s home. You might even backup the data to an off-site backup service.
Whatever it takes, establish a disaster recovery plan, and protect your website. Accidents happen, but when you have a plan in place, you’ll better set to recovering quickly and recovering your site in order!