Linux is the open-source operating system and has a greater amount of protection and flexibility than options such as windows when used on servers. It also has a reputation for stability and speed. The cost of it is also less in comparison to other OS. It also supports a broad range of software. It is highly reliable and secure OS for use with web hosting services. Many versions of Linux are also available, each one with a different set of software.
The next version of web hosting solutions is the Linux hosting services is a common name with quality website hosting services for a variety of operating systems. Linux itself is open source, and Linux hosting offers all the advantages associated with open source software. Open source software allows constant improvements made by any person who is interested in doing so.
Linux hosting refers to a web host that is running the Linux operating system on their server, as well as the database and other software. Linux web hosting sometimes referred to as a LAMP, which is a Server model based on the Linux operating system, plus Apache server software, MySQL database, nd PHP programming language. Linux is the first choice of many website owners for serving web pages and powering web based applications.
Linux hosting has an excellent reputation in particular for the provision of both stable and reliable web hosting solutions. The stability of Linux comes with quality website hosting such a site is very good. Linux hosting is also compatible with e-commerce functions for small business web hosting. Linux hosting supports more cross-platform applications and offers a higher portability than most proprietary operating systems. Linux runs on a variety of hardware platforms, which means that you have the freedom to select the equipment or even migrate to a different hardware later without any hassles. Apache is the server of the operating system of Linux. It is also a better open project and broadly acclimated web server.
Linux Hosting Services Features
- PHP and MySQL support
- Apache Web Server
- Mod Rewrite Support
- Chmod file permissions
Price Comparisons of LINUX hosting:
|Business starter||Premium Hosting||Expert Hosting|
|Price $7.95 /month||Price $11.9||Price $13.9|
|10 websites||30 websites||40 websites|
|Bandwidth: 50 GB||Bandwidth:120 GB||Bandwidth: 200 GB|
|Disk Space: 5 GB||Disk Space: 15 GB||Disk Space: 20 GB|
|Email Accounts: 10||Email Accounts: 30||Email Accounts: 40|
|Free Domain||Free Domain||Free Domain|
Why is cheap Linux hosting preferred?
There are many reasons as to which cheap Linux hosting is preferable. The reasons are as follow:
- When you are at the start of your website or business, you don’t need a big website and a huge disk space on the server and probably look for companies offering affordable web hosting plans.
- Linux operating system for computers remains one of the most common examples of free software services available for users.
- The flexibility of availing the best and modern technologies like MySQL, Python, XML, and PHP remains with Linux based hosting platforms.
- A Linux web hosting company follows in line with a strict tradition of budget web hosting and turning huge profit in little time, and this signifies a lot to the consumer as many consumers react to profit positively, you can see the same at linuxhost.net
- Linux is one of the worldwide growing Operating-System, and many consumers and business owners are interested in running their online business using Linux web hosting.
- For the midsized and the small sized enterprises, it is best to go for the shared server. The downtime of a site influences the mood of the browsers and to attract and motivate web travelers it is necessary to ensure fast downloading speed.
- If you are looking for a cheap web hosting, then Linux hosting is the best choice for you as it comes with free of setup charges.
Features of Linux scored over MAC and Window Hosting:
- If you are looking to make your determination on price, you will likely find that Linux if usually more affordable than both Windows and Mac web hosting plans.
- Linux is known throughout the industry for being as stable as they come, able to maintain a hosting operation under a wide range of demanding situations.
- Linux is the operating system that can truly help you harness the processing power of the underlying machine.
- To make more resources available to the computer and users, Linux utilizes a command line similar to old DOS systems, making it a real challenge for those who lack technical experience. Windows and Mac OS X platforms both offer graphical user interfaces, presenting rich backgrounds, icons, and links to simplify the administration process significantly.
- When it comes to web hosting, it is easy to host on Linux web servers. The process of uploading and hosting is almost same for both Linux and Windows web servers.
- A website designed to host on a Linux based web server can be hosted on a Windows web server quickly, whereas the reverse is not always true.
- If you want to host ASP/ASP.NET and MS SQL/Access then Windows. If you want to host PHP and MySQL then Linux.